Thursday, April 24, 2008

Our Very Own Little Drummer Boy

About a month ago, Dillon asked me if he could join the band at school. At first, I was like, school is almost over, how can you join the band now, and what instrument do you want to play? He said he already talked to the band teacher, he wanted to play the drums, and he said he could join if we would get him some drum sticks! Well, off we went to get the sticks and the next thing we know, Dillon has a band concert! I missed it - I was off at science camp with Courtney - and that was the last concert of the year... but, Chris took some pictures for me, so that I could see that he REALLY did join the band! He even took a video of one of the songs. He has also learned the cadence for a flag ceremony and I think he will be playing it at Dillon's last cub scout pack meeting in May. He will be receiving his Arrow of Light and moving on to 11 year old scouts! Good job Dillon learning the drums so fast and doing so well at your concert. Maybe we'll have to start calling you "Tico"!

Check out the video here...

2 comments:

Aaron and Mandy said...

OH How awesome. Tell him to keep it up because Kalvin has been learning the electric guitar and his teacher says he his doing so great that he should start a band. I ahve been BEGGING Kalvin to let me be hus drummer. I even offered to buy him a set of drums, but apparently having your Mom be your drummer is not cool (or as your backup dancer, which I offered as well)! So - Kalvin is still looking for that drummer...get Dillon a set of drums to go with those sticks and we've got the makings of that band! woohoo. cheers, Mandy

Anonymous said...

Dee-doe-bro!!!, you are the bomb!! Next thing you know, you will be playing in some rock band and your mom will be going to that concert foe show!!! Have fun playing the drums. Dave